Currently Active Satellites
- NOAA 15 on 137.6200 MHz FM is ON:
- NOAA 16 on 137.6200 MHz FM is OFF: APT failed shortly after launch.
- NOAA 17 on 137.5000 MHz FM is OFF: Decommissioned
- NOAA 18 on 137.9125 MHz FM is ON:
- NOAA 19 on 137.1000 MHz FM is ON:
for more information see the satellite page.
WXtoImg Email Group
The wxtoimg-l mailing list provides an opportunity for WXtoImg users to ask questions, get answers and post comments.
Building Wide-Area Composite Images
Information on building images that cover a region, continent, hemisphere or the entire globe is available here.
Books on Weather Satellite Image Interpretation
WXtoImg comes with complete on-line documentation.
Documentación en español (2.5.11):
Paulí Núñez, EA3BLQ.
Documentation in Dutch (2.7.3):
Documentation en français (2.5.11):
traduit par Jean-Louis Fenasse.
Documentation in German (2.5.11):
translated by .
Documentation in Polish (2.5.11):
translated by Jakub Gorzynski, SQ2WB.
Documentation in Japanese (2.5.11):
translated by Nakato Mikiya.
You are encouraged to ask questions, report problems,
and request additional features by
Support in German is provided kindly by .
If you are having problems, the following covers "90%" of all reported problems:
Also make sure to check the FAQ before contacting us.
- check the "Latitude" and "Longitude" under "Options" -> "Ground Station Location" have been set correctly,
- update the keplers by connecting to the Internet and selecting "File" -> "Update Keplers",
- check that the timezone (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Date/Time) is correct for your location, and
- check that your computer's date and time are accurate (to within 1 second, see Other Software for programs for keeping the clock syncronised to an Internet time source).
Recommended System Requirements
Windows / Linux / Mac:
These are the recommended minimum system requirements for WXtoImg:
- 1024x768 resolution display,
- 16 bit colour display (use 24 or 32 bit for better results),
- 16-bit sound card or USB audio device with line in,
- 500MHz processor (image processing time approx 1-2 minutes),
- 512MB RAM,
- 200MB free space on hard disk, and
- Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, FreeBSD with Linux compatibility installed, or MacOS X 10.5 or later.
Copyright © 2001-2014 All rights reserved.